Hello there, today I am going to show you a little trick to import/export your contact information between different types of smartphones without paying 10 USD for an app that does nothing but copy/paste. So here it goes:
- You need to install an App like Viber or WatsApp on you phones and a desktop PC. Allow the smartphone app access to your contacts.
- Then, after syncing your contact information from the mobile version to the desktop version, you have the possibility to extract a text file of all your contacts via sqlite.
- Download the standalone sqlite from here – https://www.sqlite.org/download.html
- Open a CMD on Windows by pressing Winkey+R then entering CMD in the window that opens up
- Then go to:
C:\Users\USERNAME\~\YOURNUMBER> sqlite3.exe viber.db
Calls ChatsMetaData Events Messages Versions
ChatInfo Contact EventsMetaData RecycleBin
ChatRecovery DownloadFile LikeRelation Settings
ChatRelation EventInfo MessageInfo UploadFile
sqlite> select * from Contact;
- You will get a dump of all your contacts. By right-clicking in the command line window and selecting “Mark” you can select and copy/paste the results from the above command in a text file, which then can be imported in you Google Account or into your iCloud Account.